The Summer Season is the period beginning May 15 and ending September 15.
1. PARKING PERMITS are in effect May 15 through September 15 as follows:
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday - 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m. the following day.
Vehicles parked on the right-of-way during the above referenced hours must display a parking permit.
PARKING METERS are in effect May 15 through September 15, EVERY DAY - 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m. the following day.
2. Double parking is prohibited. Double parking is defined as parking on the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked on the shoulder or at the edge or curb of a highway.
3. Vehicles must park with the flow of traffic when parked on streets with parallel parking.
4. Parking in a bus zone is prohibited.
5. Parking perpendicular on a street designated for parallel parking is prohibited.
6. Parking parallel on a street designated for perpendicular parking is prohibited.
7. Parking on the roadway is prohibited.
8. Parking Meters - Same as 1 above.
9. Parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant is prohibited.
10. Parking in front of a public or private driveway is prohibited.
11. Parking in a fire lane is prohibited.
12. Parking at any place where official traffic-control devices prohibit stopping, standing or parking.
13. Parking in a Handicapped Zone is prohibited.
14. Parking within 30 feet of a Stop Sign or Intersection is prohibited.
15. Parking on a sidewalk is prohibited.
16. Parking within an intersection is prohibited.
17. Parking where a curb is marked yellow or a yellow line is placed at the edge of a roadway or shoulder.
18. Parking within 15 feet of a mailbox is prohibited.
· See Chapter 1, Section 13 of the Dewey Beach Municipal Code. Upon the accumulation of $ 70.00 or more in delinquent fines a vehicle can be booted or towed.
· To protest a parking ticket, you must appear in person at Alderman Court # 36 within 10 days of the date on the parking ticket. Parking Court is held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, (except holidays) between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., during the summer season. To schedule a hearing after September, call (302) 227-1128, Monday thru Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
· Payment may be made by check or money order payable to the Town of Dewey Beach. Visa and Master Cards also accepted. Do not mail cash. Late fine penalties will apply on delinquent tickets not paid within the prescribed period.
IMPORTANT - LATE FINE PENALTIES
$ 35.00 FINES AFTER 10 DAYS WILL COST $ 55.00
$ 35.00 FINES AFTER 20 DAYS WILL COST $ 75.00
$ 35.00 FINES AFTER 30 DAYS WILL COST $ 125.00
$ 70.00 FINES AFTER 10 DAYS WILL COST $ 95.00
$ 70.00 FINES AFTER 20 DAYS WILL COST $ 110.00
$ 70.00 FINES AFTER 30 DAYS WILL COST $ 145.00
$ 100.00 FINES AFTER 10 DAYS WILL COST $ 125.00
$ 100.00 FINES AFTER 20 DAYS WILL COST $ 150.00
$ 100.00 FINES AFTER 30 DAYS WILL COST $ 175.00
Dewey Beach Police Department
105 Rodney Avenue
Dewey Beach, Delaware 19971
For further information, call (302) 227-1110
BACK HOME NEXT
Last Updated 04/15/2013